Senior Care Spotlight: Care Management, Advocacy, and Support
Care Choice Care Management
“Our commitment is that everyone we serve experiences concierge-level care and attention.”
Our team of experienced professionals can assist you in answering all of your questions and be your advocate as you navigate the healthcare, mental health, or legal maze for yourself or a loved one. Our team consists of Social Workers, Gerontologists, Nurses and professionals who each have 20+ years of experience. Care Choice Care Management provides care coordination through Care Management.
What is Care Management:
Care Choice helps families through challenging times, negotiates conflict, coordinates benefits, recommends services, advocates for those in the hospital and long-term care communities, and provides ongoing or short-term support for those we help. We will customize a plan that meets your needs. Care Choice provides a FREE information visit or call for anyone about our services and what makes us different and unique.
Here are some questions to ask yourself, and if you are struggling you may benefit from hiring a Care Manager:
● Are you overwhelmed with the responsibility of caring for your spouse or parents?
● Do you or someone you know need an advocate in navigating the health care, mental health, and/or legal system?
● Is your family in conflict and need an objective professional to facilitate communication amongst family members while providing 24-hour care for your loved one?
● Have you been assigned as Trustee, Legal Guardian, Conservator, and/or Durable Power of Attorney for someone, but have no idea how to meet their day-to-day needs — such as getting them to take their medications, attend medical appointments, take care of personal hygiene needs, pay bills, grocery shopping, housekeeping/laundry, and prepare meals?
● Are you worried you’re taking too much time off work and need someone to attend your loved one’s medical appointments to ask questions, advocate, provide transportation, drop off/pick up any prescriptions, schedule any tests/appointments with specialists, and/or provide a summary of the visit?
● Would you like to have an experienced professional provide a thorough assessment followed by a detailed written Care Plan of you and/or loved one and then have them be available on an ongoing or PRN basis to assist with any needs that arise while aging in place at home or in a community?
Why We Started Care Choice:
There is a void in society and in health care of quality customer service. Our goal is to provide that level of care and support that all deserve. Health care is often fast-paced and so often things are missed, fall through the cracks, or are just forgotten. We strive to not allow those things to happen to you or your loved one. Care Choice was founded on these principles by Maria and Steve Miskovic. Both have been social workers for over 25 years and worked in various capacities at hospitals, rehab facilities, non-profits, dementia care, and case management. We have grown our team over the last 9 years to be able to support anyone at any point in their life journey, whether 18 or 108! We recognize that growing older (or living with an illness) is not easy, but it does not have to be done alone. Our commitment is that everyone we serve experiences concierge-level care and attention.
Please find us online at www.carechoicestl.com, call at 636-288-1764, or email us at email@example.com
Guest Article contributed by
Steve Miskovic, MSW, LCSW, CMC
As you try to navigate the overwhelming choices of services available for yourself, or an aging loved one, a care manager can assist to determine and establish the service(s) you need. Their expertise and knowledge can make life a lot easier!
At the point that you are trying to manage care (and find service providers to help), please consider a medic alert system as well.
You are NEVER Alone and can get HELP any day, time, or reason — Around the Clock!
If you or an aging loved-one are considering choosing Medical Alarms in St. Louis MO, please contact the friendly staff at Around The Clock Medical Alarms.
Call Us: 877.449.5566