“Would You Be My Valentine?”
On Thursday, February 4, 2021, our client, R. “Lou” K., was called to be reminded that it was time for her monthly test of her medical alert button. She is a “95 year-young” lady who has been our subscriber for the past eight years. Since we have talked to her every month, we consider her FAMILY!
When she picked up the phone, I asked her, “Would you be my Valentine?” She hesitated and replied, “Well, I may have to think about that….” THEN, she had the AUDACITY to laugh!!! Oh Yes, She Did!!!!!
When I told her that I felt like she threw me under the bus, she chuckled and responded, “Oh, Linda! You know I LOVE YOU!”
Today, Les and I took a detour on the way home and took Lou a small bouquet of flowers to thank her for the ability to assist her with her medical alarm system needs. We asked her again to “Be our Valentine,” and snapped this picture to remember her reaction! Trust us, she was all smiles! (Being a private person, she asked us not to post her picture on the internet, but we could crop photo of the flowers and her hands….)
Lou signed up for our service in January 2013. Shortly after she began, she had to use her medical alarm. As you will read, she locked herself out of her home and did not have her cordless phone with her to call for help. Yet, she was able to get the help she needed.
Following is her account of the event, as per her testimonial:
They Came Even Though I Was Not Able to Respond…
I would like to tell you some things about having a medical alarm system. I had heard about them for years but never thought about getting one. My son and nephew changed my mind, they said, “You are getting one!” My nephew contacted Around the Clock Medical Alarms.
When I called them, they explained all that it could do for me, so I decided to take it. Just to let you know, I consider them wonderful friends now.
A few weeks ago, I went out the back door onto the patio, started back in, and the door was locked. Here I was out without a coat and it was a cool morning. I know all other doors and windows were locked. I pushed the button on my Medical Alert, but couldn’t hear them answer. I thought it doesn’t work…. I ran to my neighbor across the street, she came to the door and wanted to know what I was doing out there. I said, “I’m locked out of the house”. I went in to call my nephew, who has keys, and had just sat down when I saw a truck with 2 men pull up in front of my house. Out I ran home. The men wanted to know if I lived there. I said “yes, and I’m locked out!” They were from the Rescue Squad and had gotten a call from my Medical Alarm that something was wrong at my home, since I didn’t answer them back. In just a minute here came the ambulance, but it wasn’t needed. Thank goodness. They got my storm door unlocked and I was able to get back in my house. I wouldn’t do without my Around the Clock Medical Alarm. ~ Lou K., Missouri
Our mission is to assist our subscribers to remain independent in their homes — as safely as possible. A medical alarm gives them the ability to get help at the push of a button. If they are alone, have health issues, or are prone to falling, a medical alert system could be the solution to the problems you face. We are humbled to assist seniors and their families. Our purpose is to help them to have “peace of mind” and the confidence to experience a better quality of life — as long as possible!
- Lou has experienced a lot of life, since she has been our client. She was diagnosed with cancer and completed chemotherapy. Thankfully, she recently told me that she is still cancer free.
- Sadly, last year, she lost a lifelong friend who used to watch all the Cardinal /sporting games on TV with her, they would go out to get groceries together, and to eat out every day. This man was the widower of her best friend and they used to do “couple vacations” together throughout their married lives. Both became widows and they decided to “stay friends” and were able to help each other to not be alone.
- Covid-19 has affected her social life because she has not been able to attend church “in person.” She has had to forego her weekly card games with her lady, neighbor friends. Additionally, the holidays were quite different, since her family was concerned about visiting her due to the pandemic. Unfortunately, this seems to be the consensus for many of our subscribers. If you, or your loved one, find these “new norms” in your pandemic life, remember that you are never alone with an Around the Clock Medical Alarms system.
- Lou still lives in the home that she shared with her husband. She has had a couple rehab stints over the past few years, but she continues to be able to return to the home she loves.
- Because she is such an avid Cardinal fan, she and Les talk about sports every time they can. Her latest comment concerning Nolan Arenado was “He BETTER be worth all that money!” As always, she is biting at the bit for baseball season to start…. But, today, she WILL BE watching the Super Bowl — cheering on the Chiefs!
If you, or an aging loved one, are looking for a #medicalert system, visit us online at www.AroundTheClockMedicalAlarms.com or give us a call at 573-334-7233.